The result of an experiment by Tonnedi and Kalukom into the use of earth enchantments on weapons, Awaran is generally regarded as a failure. Somehow a minor elemental spirit found its way into the blade, and although not truly sentient in any meaningful way, it is clear that the spirit expresses some dissatisfaction, if not at its fate, then at the form that fate has taken. Sometimes, upon waking, the bearer will find that sword and scabbard have transformed themselves into a mace. Apparently Kalukom feels no particular inclination to unmake his work.
Masters Tonnedi and Kalukom maintain a smithy in Maugeter's third district. Although they manufacture standard Maugetan weapons of varying qualities, their speciality is fire-enchanted weapons which Kalukom, a magma elemental, can imbue with power far more easily than most smiths.
SPECIAL: Each morning upon waking, Awaran has a 20% chance of having temporarily taken the form of a +1 Mace. In Mace form, it has an 80% chance of reverting into a Longsword each day.
If you hold this weapon flat ahead of you in the light, an image can be made out in its blade. On careful inspection, the image appears to be the sunset over the Rammas mountains, as visible from Maugeter's Fifth District, and reflected in the clear waters of the river Taris.
Aresthenes is a magically talented smith who runs a small smithy called "The Gallery" in Maugeter's fifth district. Aresthenes thinks of himself as an artist rather than a craftsman, and each of his creations is entirely unique. Though most of his customers are dubious of the artistic merit of his works, they are undeniably potent.
This highly unusual weapon has apparently been carved entirely from wood and enchanted with spells to make it as strong and tough as steel. The blade is of a strange, curved design not usually seen within the city.
The weapon's enchantment is such that it is as powerful as a Maugetan sword with minor enchancements.
This is a weapon from Porchast's Spring range, and as such it grants the wielder additional grace and accuracy.
Porchast is Maugeter's best-known bowyer, or maker of bows. She and her assistant Pikipsi have a shop in the city's Third District, from which they produce a fair percentage of the city's ranged weapon exports.
As well as the standard range of Smith Law-approved bows and crossbows, Porchast produces ranges of weaponry on a seasonly basis, generally with a theme for each season, though often wildly and romantically exaggerated by comparison to the incredibly mild, barely noticeable Maugetan seasons.